ABN AMRO and their casual diversity
In the Human Rights Report 2020, they write:
Over the years, we’ve created or signed on to several statements that demonstrate our commitment to diversity in the workplace, such as:
- The Declaration of Amsterdam for an LGBT Inclusive Workplace (2013)
- ABN AMRO Ethics Committee statement on LGBT+ rights in the workplace (2016)
- UN Standards of Conduct for Business on Tackling Discrimination against LGBTI people (2018)
- LGBTI Manifesto for the Sustainable Development Goals (2018)
- Women’s Empowerment Principles (2020)
In 2015, the bank changed strategy with an accompanying pay-off: “What is your story?” They released a life-style ad, which depicts the moments in life where people are considering their (financial) options. One of these moments was a wedding, which in this case casually was with two grooms. In my eyes this is a perfect form of Marketing the Rainbow.
Read my blog for Marketing the Rainbow.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!